Gingerbread men recipe
With the arrival of Christmas , we offer you is gingerbread men recipe , to follow losing weight without depriving yourself .
This gingerbread recipe is more healthy and has less sugar . Your system immune will look reinforced to prepare for winter , thanks to the benefits natural ingredients of cinnamon , ginger and cloves .
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground clove
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon liquid stevia
Make the gingerbread men:
- In a bowl, mix the flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, muscade , salt, cornstarch and yeast.
- Mix so that the mixture is homogeneous.
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave and let it cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil and wet ingredients (honey, egg, vanilla extract, stevia ).
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Roll out a large piece of parchment paper on your baking sheet and place the dough in the middle. Flatten it into a rectangle about 2.5 cm thick. Cover with another baking paper or kitchen towel and place in the fridge for 1 hour or more.
- Preheat your oven to 160°C. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Take your dough out of the fridge and store it in the plastic wrap, roll it out until it is 5mm thick .
- Dust your cookie cutter with flour and create your gingerbread men.
- Place them on separate baking sheets about 1 cm apart.
- Bake your cookies for 8 minutes. Let them cool for 5 minutes, then remove them from the baking sheet to finish cooling.